Pick the Score
May 22 – July 22
Play poker during a live televised NBA Playoff game and win big!
Fill out your game card by tip-off for your chance to win your share of cash and prizes.
A winner every quarter!
“PICK THE SCORE”
NBA Playoffs Poker Promotion
May 22nd, 2021 to July 22nd, 2021
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa Poker Room is offering poker players a chance to win their share of $900 dollars or more in cash prizes during the NBA Playoff broadcast games from May 22nd, 2021 through July 22nd, 2021.
HOW TO PLAY:
Agua Caliente Poker Room Players that are playing in a Live Poker Game or our Poker Tournament will have a chance to play this promotion by picking the total combined score of both teams for each quarter played on selected NBA Playoff Games. Players must fill out a game card before the start of the games to be eligible to play. Players will fill out their guesses for the total score of each quarter in a separate box. The final quarter will include any overtime play if applicable.
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
Players will have a chance to fill out a game card before each game is played. Players must be present and playing in a live poker game or in a poker tournament during the game to win.
HOW TO WIN:
Players that guess the winning score (or closest to it + or – to the score if no one picks the correct score), on any one of the four quarters played will win some money. The amount of money any player will win per quarter will depend on the number of players that guessed the correct score (or closest to it + or – to the score). The projected payout total for any quarter of play will be set at $225 dollars (estimate only). This amount may exceed $225 dollars for two reasons: One if the amount of players that pick the winning score is too high (based on a sliding scale payout that will be provided), and two if the payout chart that will be used shows that an extra payout calculation is needed to get to the $225 dollars in payouts, but on a sliding scale chart we might have multiple players to be paid out and for that reason it could exceed the $225 dollars per quarter estimation).
HERES HOW THE PAYOUTS WORK:
The maximum amount that any player can win will be $100 dollars per quarter and the minimum amount will be $10 dollars. The sliding scale payout chart will show a breakdown of how the payouts will occur. The goal is to payout the quarter to $225 dollars or over. The payouts will be determined by the number of players that pick the winning number (or closest to it). The maximum payout for any one player (on level one) of $100 dollars will be if one player picks the winning number (or closest to it) by themselves. If there are multiple players that pick the winning number than they will split the level 1 ($100) dollars between them. This will be the same for level 2 ($75) and level 3 ($50). Depending on how many players pick the winning number on any level (1, 2 or 3), together they all share a level payout amount of ($100 or $75 or $50), this total payout for all players in any level may exceed the level payout guideline parameters based on the sliding scale payout chart. An example would be if 35 players pick the same winning number on Level one (which is set to pay out $100 or more) would be $10 dollars to each player. This would total $350 dollars paid out for level one. There will still be level two and three payouts but for this example we are just talking about level one. Level two and three would be treated the same.
ATTACHED IS A DEMO COPY OF THE SLIDING SCALE CHART WE WILL USE: The example chart Attached has 3 corresponding areas that work together to formulate how we pay out: The First Area is the upper left side (in light green) that shows the score of the NBA game per quarter, Like first quarter Total Score is (48), the second quarter total score is (96), the third quarter is (151) and 4th quarter is (204). The Second Area is the upper middle in Light blue: here is the level 1, 2 and 3 payouts. Level 1 is based on a $100 split by the number is winners that pick the score correctly (or the closest to the correct score if no one picks the correct number), (Closest to the correct number can be either higher or lower and or both). Level 2 is $75 divided by the number of players that were 1 number away from the correct score or (the closest to the next closest number from the level 1 winning numbers. Level 3 is $50 dollars divided by the number of players that were 2 numbers away from the correct score or (the closest to the next closest number from level 2 winning numbers. The Third Area is the payout box with each quarter on the upper left side: Each QTR has: (QTR #) with a scale of numbers that correspond to what the game score numbers were, (Win) – number of winners at each amount, (Pay Level) – 1, 2 or 3 level, (Ea) – each as in How much Each player won and last is (Total) – for total amount payout for each level and total payout per quarter.
Using the example chart below with the corresponding score in the first quarter of (48) as noted in the upper left light green box that would have been the score at the end of the first quarter of NBA game being played. The bottom box below shows how we paid that quarter out:
For the payout Chart at the end of the submission is as follows:
48 was the final number of the first quarter, the box below in area #3 show that there was (1) players that picked the correct score and receive level (1) payout for a total of ($100). There were (2) and (1) players for a total of 3 winners that were one number away from the correct winning number, (2 picked number 47 and one picked number 49 – both one number away) and receive level (2) payout for a total of ($90) and there were (1) and (4) players for a total of 5 winners that were two numbers away from the correct winning number, (1 picked number 46 and 4 picked number 50) – both are two numbers away and receive level (3) payout for a total of ($50). This example shows: Level (1) $100 payout, Level (2) $90 payout and Level (3) $50 payout for a total of $240 dollars. This same example will be used for all 4 quarters.
PICK THE SCORE RULES:
- Poker Players may win only once per quarter.
- Game cards must be filled out before the start of the NBA Playoff Game.
- Winners of this promotion must collect their winning money either during the game or up to 5 minutes after the game has ended. No one will be paid after that point.
- Players will be responsible to collect their winnings if they have won. Failure to do so or if they forget to do this will void their potential winnings to be collected.
- When filling out a game card to play in this promotion, players must write their picks or number choices clearly to be able to read by the floor supervisors to accept. It will be management decision if there is a possible question as to a potential winning number by a guest that is deemed too hard to read or accept.
- Agents are not authorized to participate on behalf of the any player or collect any awards on behalf of any player.
- The cash prizes will be paid by the Poker Cashier in the Poker Room.
- Employees of the Agua Caliente Casinos may buy-in and play according to the ACBCI Casino Operations Gambling Policy.
- A rules poster and/or rack card brochure will be available for public viewing for the duration of this promotion. – moved to general rule
- For each winner selected, The Poker Department employee will enter the following information on the Winners Log: date and time of the promotion, winner's name, winner's ACE Players Club number and the award or prize won, along with the Marketing and/or Player Development Department employee's signature and I.D. number. The winner will sign the log, evidencing they have received the prize.
- Winners agree that, as a condition of entry, a Winner's Log will be signed to verify their winnings.
- Players must be 21 years of age or older to participate.
- The final call on any dispute related to this promotion will be handled in accordance with ACBCI Internal Controls for Guest Disputes.
- Winners are responsible for all Federal, State and Local taxes for all awards as a result of this promotion where applicable. Winners must provide a Social Security number (and/or W-9 Form) if applicable prior to receipt of their award or prize per the ACBCI Reporting and Withholding Internal Controls unless an exception is noted and approved within the approved promotion.
- The Casino will include a responsible gambling message on printed materials for this promotion where practical. The message will read: Problem Gambling? Call 1-800-GAMBLER. Signage is located within the casino.
- All promotions will be administered in accordance with the ACBCI Systems of Internal Controls and Policies & Procedures.